It's truly amazing how you take things for granted and don't realize how special they are until they are gone. These past three days have been such a joy and blessing to spend with my family and catch up with life at home. It's easy for me to immerse myself in my work and forget how much I miss at home. One of my favorite things to do is grease up tractors. The whole process of getting your whole body covered in grease and the wind blowing hay and dirt particles into your face and everywhere there is grease is a priceless experience. To top it off you will be covered in that the rest of the day and the next 30+. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
 |
| This is just an example of the face most people make when cleaning grease off hands midway through greasing up the tractor. |
 |
| David and I, riding back from a branding. Oh, and trotting without any stirrups should be added to the list of priceless experiences. And even more priceless, the next morning when you try to walk!! |
 |
| I had the opportunity to spend an entire day with Keziah in the tractor. It was so fun memorizing verses, listening to John together and just goofing off laughing about the silliest things. |
 |
| Rachel has spent most of her working days perfecting her raking skills while I have finally graduated to bailing!!! No, raking is definitely harder, especially if the person swathing has never raked before. Donny came home from a day raking yesterday and announced, "Raking has completely revolutionized my swathing techniques." Rachel thanked him numerous times. |
 |
| Finally done! I took this picture at the end end of the day when we got so much accomplished Mr. Myers couldn't thank us enough for our hard work. I had really felt Gods favor that day, I am so blessed by him continually. |
 |
| Rachel, eating dinner at 11:30 pm. Enough said. |
Comments
Post a Comment